Thursday, June 25, 2009

Help Wanted

I was talking to a pastor of one of the local churches a couple of weeks ago. He told me that they were going to do something they had not done in years; they were going to put on a pancake breakfast to raise money for a certain missionary. He knew that I had done many breakfasts and asked if I would help them. I planned to help but then found that I have a Teen Challenge board meeting that same morning. When I called yesterday to say that I wouldn't be able to come, the pastor told me that they had just made the decision a day before to cancel the breakfast because they couldn't find four people in the church who would help. That broke my heart.

My prayer is that as Catalyst School of Ministry goes forward we will be sending many trained and motivated people into churches such as this one to help them. I'm looking forward to the day when our people are saying, I've been sitting at the table long enough. It's time for me to go to work. And they go to churches they wouldn't normally attend if it was all about them. And they help pastors who have a vision but lack help. By faith, that day is coming.

No comments: