Friday, January 30, 2009

Trying to get away

It is crazy how difficult it is to get away for a week and a half. I have never wanted to be important; I have only wanted to be influential. My daily goal is to empower others to make good decisions, and to encourage them when they are stepping out into new territory. I try never to be the only one who knows about something or how to do it, because I have worked with people in the past who hindered progress by hoarding power. I am always expecting to be called elsewhere. (This is not new, this has been going on for years and years) And when you think that any time you could be called somewhere else, I would judge my performance at the current place by how easily I could be replaced. My top goal would be to do my job so well that no one was needed to do that job because I had elevated the people around me.

Judging by the last couple of days, I am failing miserably at that.

No comments: