Tuesday, January 27, 2009

From Frozen to Fried

While I have been shivering and sliding while scraping my windshield I have in the back of my mind that next week Carole and I will be in Sudan which is 100+ degrees this time of year. For several days Carole and I will be in different villages and the one I will be working in is supposed to have less than rustic accomodations. I've stayed in some pretty bad places in my travels, but I have never been promised less than I have been promised at this place. I'll report on the place when I get back. It is a little strange to be taking malaria medicine during an ice storm but I'm sure that I will be glad we took this precaution. Reportedly the discomfort comes from high humidity and high temperature combined with no air conditioning, mosquitos and bugs in your bed. Honestly, I can't wait.

1 comment:

Matt said...

So I guess you won't be staying at the post "Royal King". Seriously excited for you Randy. Will be in prayer for you and Carole. Can't wait to hear how it goes.