Monday, March 24, 2008

Thank you for being blessed!

In my role as business administrator for Lakeside, I see the individual contributions. I am blessed and humbled as I see and enter each check into the accounting system. The strength of our finances is due to the faithful giving of many people rather than the extravagant giving of just a few.
The act of giving is one of the guaranteed blessings listed in the Bible. We don't give because we like the pastor, because we enjoy the music, or because we enjoy seeing our friends. All of those are wonderful, but the reason for giving is because it is what believers do. And the more we give, the more we are blessed. I'm not one of those guys who give a guarantee of a "hundred fold return", but I do know that Luke 6:38 says, "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." I also know that 2 Corinthians 9:6 tells us, "Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously."
Keep up the good work, Lakeside, and you will see that "my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:19 NIV)

No comments: