Saturday, April 3, 2010

I'm No Runner

Here's my tip of the day: Don't tell people that you are trying to lose weight and get into better shape for an upcoming event because they will try to help you. My daughter Elizabeth invited me to her "bootcamp" workout last Saturday and it durn near killed me. Now she has talked me into "running" a leg of the Memorial Marathon Relay in a few weeks. I have always enjoyed walking and can walk for hours at a pretty good clip, but the joys of running have always eluded me. I am responsible to run a 3.1 mile segment of this upcoming race and I am not sure that I can run the .1 without stopping, so Elizabeth and I are going to see what I'm capable of this morning. I keep hearing about a "runner's high". I need it to kick in when I get out of the truck.

No comments: