Wednesday, April 29, 2009

There is no free breakfast

Today I want to rant about something completely inconsequential. Recently I booked a hotel room online and in the description of the room rate, it read, "The room rate includes FREE BREAKFAST."
No it doesn't.
If you have to be a paying guest to eat at the breakfast bar, it isn't free. The price of the breakfast is included in the room rate. If the breakfast bar was open to the public at no charge, then it would be a free breakfast. Don't get me wrong. I like breakfast to be included in the room charge. I like it a lot better than paying $15 for the breakfast buffet at the nicer hotels. Just don't try to tell me it's a free breakfast.

It's kind of like the sign I saw once that read, "No unauthorized personnel without permission." If you have permission, aren't you authorized?

No comments: