Friday, April 17, 2009

Coffee Conversations

I love visiting with young people who want to make a significant contribution with their lives. I'm not talking about stuff like curing cancer and baldness. I'm talking about people who will take what they have and make the most of it to make a difference for the Kingdom of God. I had coffee this morning with a young man who is both fully committed to God and enormously talented. I also visit with many who are not especially talented, but are sold out to God's direction for their lives. They aren't concerned about denominations or programs; they are committed to making a difference in their communities and areas of influence.
Those of my generation have been committed to organizations and programs. We placed great importance on structures and hierarchies; process and stragetic plans. I'm not saying that all of those things are inherently bad. I'm just saying that what I am seeing in the hearts of these young fully committed followers of Christ looks very attractive. I see a commitment to meeting real human needs while sharing the plain truth of the Gospel. I plan to do everything that is in my ability to encourage and resource them to do all that God is placing on their hearts.

No comments: