Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sushi Experience


Saturday evening I had my first true sushi experience. I've had assorted sushi bits from time to time, but I never depended on sushi to carry the meal until Saturday. We had a birthday dinner for my daughter in law, Taylor, and her choice was Sushi Nieko here in OKC. To tell the truth, I would have felt better about Ann's Chicken Fry, but as I proclaim in my profile, I am an adventure eater, so I plunged in head first. The picture is of the sushi dinner I ordered. After being warned that the green blob was wasabi, not avocado, I dived in. I ate it all, and it wasn't awful. I probably won't suggest sushi when asked to select a restaraunt, but I won't veto that choice, either. I'm glad to know that I needn't shy away from sushi in the future. Thanks, Taylor, for causing me to expand my horizons to a new food group.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Proud of you Randy...don't see any smoked eel there though! It all looks great.