Friday, March 13, 2009

Love One Another

The more I study the Bible and the deeper I grow in my relationship with Christ, the more I realize there are not many important things to keep track of. Typically, if I monitor how I respond to other people, I can assess the quality and quantity of my study and devotion time. Unless I produce some visible "fruit" in the form of "loving my neighbor as myself", I have really wasted my time. Jesus told us that the greatest commandment was to love God and the second greatest commandment was equal to the first; and that one is to love our neighbor. In John, Jesus told the disciples to love one another. That would be the identifying mark of the believer. The size or translation of my Bible, or the bumper stickers on my car don't really do it. It is how I respond to others. I've still got a long way to go.

No comments: