Thursday, March 26, 2009

Disclaimer- This is a tongue in cheek post

I've been hearing much lately about the value of fasting. Of course, the whole Lenten season is about fasting. But fasting has always been difficult for me. I really like to eat. I'm good at it. It is an area of gifting for me. So when I try to fast, I feel like have really given up something. But I have found a way to make fasting a part of my everyday routine without experiencing any discomfort. As a result, I figure I am fasting about 90% of the time. Sometime back I began fasting between meals. Since I spend less than 2 1/2 hours a day eating, I figure I am fasting around 90% of the time. It works really well. I don't have to deal with hunger pangs, and I don't have to feel like I am sacrificing anything. But you ought to see the look on people's faces when I tell them how much I fast. Dude, it's totally worth it!.

No comments: