Friday, June 11, 2010

Ready to go

Well, I'm tidying up loose ends in preparation for my Peru adventure. I have made it through the time I have before every international trip when I think things would be a lot easier if I just didn't go. I am now to the point where I am ready to head for the airport and get started.

I plan on posting pictures on facebook and I expect that I will able to blog from Cusco. Since we are staying a few extra days to visit friends of Marks, I am expecting to get the opportunity to eat all of my favorite Peruvian foods, and maybe even find some new favorites. I'm looking forward to lomo saltado, anticucho, and ceviche. I want to sip coffee in local streetside cafes. I want to buy souveniers from the interesting looking ladies from the hills, with their straw hats and brightly colored shawls. I wish that Carole could come. Carole wishes she could come. She loves this stuff as much as I do. But the hike is a guys only event.

I expect each day to have a moment where I wipe tears away as I reflect on how blessed I am to get to do stuff like this.

No comments: