Sunday, June 20, 2010

More than I expected

Well, we finished the hike on the Inca Trail. It was the most difficult physical challenge that I ever encountered. Three and a half days of hiking uphill and down on uneven terrain at altitudes approaching 14000 feet may not sound like a lot of fun, but I had a blast. We had really good guys in our group with ages ranging from 14 to 53 (me). I will tell the tale in much more detail when I get home. The views were unimaginably breathtaking, the nights were cold but the sleeping bags were warm, the food was good and the conversation was great. Today we are relaxing and that's a good thing. My legs are sore. I just had my first straight razor shave in a Peruvean barber shop to scrape away a 5 day accumulation of whiskers. Tomorrow I am doing perhaps the scariest thing I have done to date when we go paragliding over the Sacred Valley. I will strap into a winged contraption with some guy I have never met and run off of a perfectly good cliff. Hopefully I will get to tell you how that went. :)

Anyway, I am missing Carole and everyone else, but so far this has been one whale of a good adventure.

No comments: