Wednesday, October 21, 2009

An Unashamed Attempt to Get a Free Book

I read quite a number of blogs, as well as quite a few books. One blogger and author I read consistently is Mark Batterson who is lead pastor of the National Community Church in Washington DC. Although I'm quite a bit older than he is, I think I would like to hang with him. I met James Kennedy one time, and although I respected him greatly, I never had the idea that I would like to hang with him. Batterson gives off the vibe that he has it going on and he makes it look easy, even though it can't be. He pastors an amazing multi-site church, is a sought after speaker, and seems to be able to balance all of this with strong family relationships. In Mark Batterson's latest blog post I learned that his publisher is giving away a number of copies of his newest book, Primal. The only condition was that bloggers would have to post a review of the book after reading it. I immediately registered my blog as one which would like to have a copy.

When Batterson's last book, Wild Goose Chase came out, the publisher made the same offer, but I was too late. I think I was on a trip to Sudan or something like that and missed the opportunity. A friend of mine (who stayed in the comfort of his own home) got a free copy and I had to pay full retail price for mine. I had to repent of the sin of envy.

So, if you are from the publishing company and you are scanning the registered blogs to assess their free-book worthiness, I hope that you can realize the awesomeness of this blog and send me a book. I promise to read it right away and publish a review the next day. Then maybe the dozen or so people who read my blog will rush right out and pay full retail for their own copy of Primal.

No comments: