Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Bangladesh Food In OKC!

Martin Urbina and I just returned from trying out a new restaurant, Desi Biriyani. It features cuisine from Bangladesh. They have a buffet, which both of us tried. We had lamb and chicken dishes, and topped it off with a mango smoothy. It was really pretty good. It is located in a former Taco Bell location on the SW corner of NW 10th and Meridian. Open from 11am to 11pm 7 days a week, you will most likely find it open when you have a craving for mutton biryani or chicken masala.

I asked the young lady who served us if there were a lot of people from Bangladesh in Oklahoma City, and she said there are. It amazes me to find people from so many countries and cultures here in good-ole OKC. I have no idea how they end up here, but I enjoy having them here, especially when they open restaurants. I can go recommend Vietnamese, Peruvian, Guatemalan, Salvadoran, Russian, German, authentic Mexican, Moroccan, Ethiopian and Iranian places, all within a 15 minute drive from my house. We are very fortunate to have all of these cultures and nationalities here in our midst.

If you ever feel like having an eating adventure, give me a call. I can hook you up with some amazing food.

No comments: