Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Frustration

Tonight I began teaching my Catalyst class called Essential Christianity. As usual, I babbled nearly incoherently. I am in a classic "Catch 22". I love to speak in public but the opportunities come few and far between, so when I do I am always dismayed at how it goes. I feel certain that if I had the opportunity to speak more I would get better (25 years ago I spoke a lot and I felt that I did it well), but the way I speak now, it's a wonder I ever get the opportunity. For years I said that I had a voice but no message. Now I say I have a message but no audience. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

2 comments:

Bambi said...

I think you are beating yourself up for no reason. I personally love to read your blogs. Your thoughts are interesting. I liked your blogs about church goverment and when you spoke about the past Lakeside because I was there, although I wasn't involved in the church politics that was going on. I sat on the sidelines and watched. I thought that the sermon you preached a couple of months ago was wonderful with it's surprising twist when you played the video about the man (can't remember names) who did not believe in God but said in his radio talk show that a man who spoke to him about Christ was a true, honest man of God. Most people are fake including myself. But according to this radio talk show host, he met a man that wasn't fake. I had never heard you speak before and was surprised. I came close to signing up for your Catalyst class but it is hard to give up 8 Wednesday nights without causing a hardship to the other teachers at Mpact. You have a voice with a message and I look forward to hearing more, plus keep the blogs up. I am sure that I am not the only person who gets a lot from them. Thanks for being you.

Chris E W Green said...

Speaking as someone who is always speaking, the feeling never goes away. At least, not for me. Just wanted to cheer you up.