Thursday, August 28, 2008

What if I wasn't afraid?

How would I live my life if I didn't fear anything? If I had no fear would I do things differently than I do now? If I wasn't afraid of getting sick would I try different food? If I wasn't afraid of what people would say would I wear a Speedo to the swimming pool? If I wasn't afraid of getting hurt would I take up rock climbing? If I wasn't afraid of heights would I try sky diving? If I wasn't afraid of losing would I engage in more contests? If I wasn't afraid of sleeping on the ground without a shower would I go to remote villages with the gospel? If I wasn't afraid of rejection would I engage more people in spiritual discussions? If I wasn't afraid of looking silly would I take dance lessons?

Fear keeps us from trying so many things. Fear is a barrier to so much potential enjoyment and fulfillment. But God's perfect love replaces fear. When we have confidence in the security of God's love, there is no place for fear. When you fear something, give it to God. Give yourself more completely into His love and watch the fear disappear.

No comments: