Friday, August 15, 2008

Coffee Shop Culture

Yesterday Carole and I visited the Red Cup on Classen Blvd. for an afternoon coffee. It has been three or four years since I was there, but I wanted local coffee shop atmosphere. I wasn't disappointed. It was peopled with an interesting blend of personalities and appearances. This is not a coffee shop review. I just wanted to be around some people whose theology and political positions were most likely different from mine. It is easy to assume that "a lot of people feel like I do" when you are only in the company of people who feel like you do.

Learn to feel at ease around people who are not like you and you might be surprised at what you find.

Also, feel free to recommend other coffee shops around OKC for me to try. (I've already been to Starbucks.)

No comments: