Wednesday, July 23, 2008

When we pray

When we pray, we need to pray with:

Integrity- Psalm 24:3-5 Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.

Intensity- Psalm 20:1-5 May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offering. May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will llift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests.

Authority- Psalm 18:31-36 For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me: you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these wonderful verses but you are thousands of miles away with my sons and my Bible is here next to me. I can look at Psalms and read it anytime, but how are my baby boys? Are you all well? Is is hot? Have you made friends? Have they performed their dramas? Have you had many popusas? Have the Jester girls and the Urbina boys practiced their drama for Nationals? Thank you for providing the only form of communication we have with our children. And I will pray with integrity, intensity and authority for all of you on this mission trip.

R.B. Whitlow said...

Everybody is doing quite well. Both Joey and Seth are valuable members of the team and are utilizing their Spanish skills a lot. I have to confess that i haven´t seen them practice their drama for nationals, but they haven´t seen Allison until tonight. They have been doing their dramas for ministry and in the last couple of days around two dozen people accepted Christ. We are getting good pupusas and horchata on a regular basis. Keep praying for us. Tomorrow we visit a refugee camp for people displaced by a volcano. Saturday we will visit an orphanage. I couldn´t be prouder of our young people and Pastor Trent.