Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Freedom Fest Thoughts

I was impressed by two things about Freedom Fest.
#1- The number of people I have never seen before who were having a good time. That tells me that getting the word out actually brought people in.
#2- The number of people in red Lakeside T-shirts that I didn't know. That tells me that the folks that are new to Lakeside are getting involved and going to work to help build what God is doing at Lakeside.

Both impressed and blessed me.

God is good!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Mark and I had a good time at Freedom Fest. We remarked on the way home that it is always a good thing when the local church reaches out to it's community in a way that is selfless and non-threatening. It's important for the people in that area to know they can count on Lakeside to meet their needs whether or not they are members. Things like Freedom Fest help to establish this type of reputation for Lakeside. Divine Life is also trying to throw these type of events. We had our first last Halloween and look forward to more!