Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Welcome to Ministry

Well, I'm back to the real world of ministry. A few days ago in El Salvador I was Pastor Randy. I was asked to preach, pray for people, and was expected to sit on the platform during services. This morning I returned to real life. Today is an election day and our church is a polling place. As I walked into the church this morning one of the ladies from the election board stopped me and my first conversation went something like this. "Do you work here?" yes. "A toilet in the ladies room has overflowed and you need to get a mop in there. Now." yes ma'am. i'll be right there.

No please. No thank you. No smile.

So I mopped the bathroom.

Welcome back to real-life ministry, Pastor Randy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy! Of course I remember you guys - how is your family & church? Good to hear from you! I'm married, we have a beautiful 18 month daughter & we are pastoring a small church, but it is perfect for us because it is at the gateway of all nations. So it gives us a chance to learn pastoring skills, teach the Word, and be missionaries! Difficult work, but definitely worth it. Last night we had some intl. students over, cooked chicken & rice & they loved it! They are going to come over next Monday night & cook Taiwanese style for us. We don't mind at all :) All the while we're building relationships the Lord will use to bring them closer to Him!
Please keep in touch!
Blessings!
Debbie Fulthorp