Tuesday, December 30, 2008

World Missions Summit

Carole and I are leaving today for Cincinnati, Ohio to attend the World Missions Summit. This event, the second one of its kind, is geared for college age young adults. We will have the opportunity to draw from the energy of more than 4000 young adults who are seeking God's direction for their lives. We will also have the opportunity to reconnect with many of our friends who serve God in various parts of the globe. Since I don't have an awesome laptop (see earlier post) I don't know if I will have an opportunity to post any updates during the event, but I will be sure to let you know what happened when I get back.

On another topic, I don't experience many "firsts" at Lakeside after attending there for 40 years, but this Sunday's experience of delivering the Sunday morning message at Lakeside was a first for me. I enjoyed it, and the people who were there were gracious and made me feel like they were listening. The message is on the Lakeside website, www.lakesideassembly.org. It is under the media tab. It is also availabe on cassette and 8-track for a donation of only $20. (Not really)

1 comment:

Matt said...

In the words of my friend Randy...it's "awesome" that you'll be here at TWMS. Can't wait to connect.