Saturday, May 15, 2010

One Person's Impact

Thursday evening Carole and I attended a reception for a good friend of ours, Matt Wilkie. We met Matt through Book of Hope (now One Hope) several years ago and I have been on a number of trips in several countries with him. Matt currently heads up the intern program for Convoy of Hope and takes these young people to incredible places where they do personal evangelism and compassion ministry. My mind boggled as I thought of the impact this one young man has had for the Kingdom because he was willing to be used. There is no counting this side of Heaven to know how many people have received the Good News, how many people have been helped in practical ways, and how many people on teams he has led now have a greater understanding of the worldwide scope of God's love for His creation through Matt's availability.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Only a living God can cause an otherwise normal person to pour out his life on behalf of others like God is doing through Matt Wilkie. You go, God!

No comments: