Thursday, May 27, 2010

Getting Close!

I'm getting down to the last couple of weeks until my Peru adventure. Last Saturday I made the walk around the lake and during the last three miles the ends of my toes started hurting. When I got home my toes were really sore to the touch. I decided that my boots must be just a little too small, so I bought a new pair. With a new pair comes a new break-in period, so I am wearing the new boots most of the time. So far, so good. My goal is to do the 10 mile walk around the lake at least 5 more times before we leave. I haven't lost as much weight as I wanted to, but I feel pretty good. I know I will be huffing and puffing at the high altitudes, but I plan to keep a positive attitude through it all. I did have a moment of panic a few days ago. I began to wonder if there would be coffee at breakfast on the trail. I don't want to go through caffeine withdrawl at the same time I am battling the altitude, so I e-mailed the outfitter. He said there "should be", and I thought, "Of course, there should be. My question is Will there be?" So, I plan to bring an emergency supply of instant (gag) coffee just in case. After my oilfield years, I no longer get a buzz from coffee. It is just a matter of not letting my caffeine level drop.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the trip. Don't hate me because I have excellent adventures.

No comments: