Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More Change

A bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn. We got the announcement last Sunday that Pastor Darren and Michele are accepting new and exciting positions with the Oklahoma District office. Of course that also means that they will be leaving the pastorate at Highpointe Church. A true good news/bad news development. I am expecting a really smooth pastor search and transition because the spirit of the church is so good, so unified, so God-focused. Those who will lead the search are all good, solid, Godly men who know what they are looking for and will know when they find it. It is an interesting situation for me. Since I now hold ministry credentials I cannot participate in the search or vote on the candidate. And I'm completely fine with it. I'm glad for this opportunity for the Pilchers and I'm glad that their talents will be utilized for greater impact on a larger stage. Actually, I can't think of anything to be sad about. I'm not worried about anything. A couple of old songs say it well: "Through many dangers, toils, and snares, I have already come. 'Tis grace that brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home." and "Many things about tomorrow I don't seem to understand, but I know who holds the future, and I know who holds my hand." We're gonna be fine.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Wow...will be praying for my Highpointe friends in the midst of the church. They'll be great at whatever's next!