Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Life on Shuffle

A few weeks ago I loaded my iPod with Christmas songs. They run the gamut from traditional Christmas carols to country to rock to Alvin and the chimpmunks. I have had it playing on shuffle at my desk the last couple of days. The songs shift seamlessly from one to another. I never know which song is coming next. A little while ago the song selection went from "Blue Christmas" to "Away in a Manger" to "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus". I like the variety. I like the uncertainty. I don't want to listen to an entire album of one kind of music. I like shuffle.

I think that my life is lived on "shuffle". I can get jerked from peaceful to annoyed to shocked to hilarious in a matter of minutes. You never know what is coming next. But that is just how I like it. I know where I'm going; I just don't know when I'll get there. Life on Shuffle. Live it!

No comments: