Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I must look really old.

I must look really old. Today I went to Kohl's and when I checked out the guy at the register gave me a senior citizen discount without even asking. (Yes, I accepted it. Do you think I'm prideful or something?) Then I went to the Panda Express for lunch. They were promoting a new dish, Sweet Fire Chicken. I said to the nice young lady who was serving me, "I'll try the Sweet Fire Chicken." With a concerned look on her face she said, "It's kind of spicy. Are you okay with spicy food?" Okay, that one kind of got to me. I east spicier stuff than Sweet Fire Chicken for dessert. Come on. Do I look that fragile?

While I ate I decided that I could use my "old" look to my advantage. Maybe I can get out of doing some things I don't really enjoy doing if young people see me as a nice old guy who needs some help. Maybe I can get away with saying whatever I want to say and get away with it under the excuse of being old. There's no pressure to dress sharply or to look handsome. This just might work. You young whippersnappers better watch out. This old guy is gonna have some fun with this.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Well I don't think you're old and if you were, you'd be the youngest old guy I know.