Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Margin

Wow, what a crazy week. It doesn't seem like anytime since I posted last Wednesday evening while waiting for people to leave so I can lock up, but here I am again. Somehow my days have been filled with urgent matters; the FLiC ice maker, bids for the new church sign, preparations for the Fall Missions Explosion, writing the handout material for the Essential Christianity class, and the many drop-in requests that come your way when you do administration, facilities, men's ministry and missions. Each of them takes a few minutes out of the day. Before you know it, the day has come to an end and there is something planned for the evening. All of the time I thought I would use for research, study, "ministry" and such is sucked into the vortex of responsibility. Before you know it, another week is gone. Carole and I worked several years ago to simplify our lifestyle and reduce our cost of living so we could have financial margin on a smaller income. That was easy compared to finding margin in my day. Time to get among non-church people. Time to do eternal things. Maybe I'll find time tomorrow.

No comments: