Friday, May 15, 2009

Learn so you can do

Last week I attended a training at Convoy of Hope headquarters in Springfield. This was practical, hands-on training in the assembly and usage of biosand water filters, which is a very simple and effective method of removing nearly all of the bad things from drinking water. I have the confidence that I could go to most any town in the world and accumulate the pieces necessary to get a family drinking healthy water in a few days. I am not a water biologist. I am not a hydrologist. I am just a guy who has the knowledge to do something that can help someone live a healthier life.

Catalyst School of Ministry is doing the same thing. We are not turning out theologians. We are not turning out Biblical apologists. We are giving regular people the knowledge to do somthing to help someone find eternal life.

No comments: