Thursday, May 14, 2009

Essential Christianity

In the July/August session of Catalyst School of Ministry I will be teaching a class entitled, "Essential Christianity". As with all of the class offerings, this was given to me as a concept and I am responsible to write the course contents. My assignment is to teach a class that teaches foundational Christian beliefs in a way that not only explains what we believe, but why we believe it and how we are to use it in our daily lives. This mandate can go in many different directions. It is always a hurdle to put the first words to paper, but when that it is done, the bulk of the remainder flows freely. I look forward to the challenge of writing this course, and I can't wait to actually teach it. I have already picked out the companion reading assignment. We won't use it as a textbook, but it is a very beneficial book for anyone interested in living an adventurous Christian life.

No comments: