Saturday, November 29, 2008

Nearly winning is still losing

Last night I watched the last half of the Thunder basketball game on tv. It was another game where the Thunder was tied or in the lead with less than a minute left, but ultimately lost because the other team was able to make a clutch play as time expired. I was so disappointed for our guys. They worked so hard and were so close. It looks like it is incredibly hard to actually gain a win in the NBA. It seems like when it comes down to crunch time it is always the other team who makes the critical play at the critical time. I know that losing at the last second is better than giving up in the third quarter like they did several times earlier in the season, but nearly winning is still losing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A while back you asked if we thought the Thunder would win more than 20 games this season. I said they should. Is it too late to change my opinion?