Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blog Envy

I haven't posted in a while. I got out of the whole rythym of blogging. I gotta get back in the groove. While reading the blogs that I subscribe to, I noticed a common theme of the people who blog daily. They seem to be busier than I am doing better things than I am doing, so I can't blame my lack of posting on being busy. I think the mainmost reason that I don't post often enough is that I don't have a cool enough computer and cell phone.

These busy, awesome bloggers are always posting from airports and bus stations from their laptops or iphones. That elevates their coolness quotient into the stratosphere. Here I am, strapped down to my desktop. My cell phone only makes phone calls. I am hopelessly uncool.

I know that occasionally I post from places like Zacatecaluca, El Salvador, but it is not on my own laptop. It is from a borrowed desktop in a small, inner city school with a very slow connection.

Someday, I will own a laptop. It will be the coolest laptop ever with the fastest wireless internet and will work in jungles and on mountaintops. Then I can post multiple times a day and just happen to drop in lines like "Just sitting in the little four seater bush plane waiting to parachute into Crocodile Swamp in Kreplaukostan, and this thought popped into my head and I wanted to share it with you."

But until then, I will try to get back into the groove with boring posts from my boring office on my boring desktop.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

hahahhahahhahah . . . In my scale you are near the top in coolness ranking.