Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How cool is that?

In this morning's Daily Oklahoman sports page there is a small segment called Welcome To My World and the featured athlete is Putnam City North football player David Lamb. He is a massive young man who plays offensive line for the Panthers. What caught my attention came early in the article. He says, "The morning of home games is my favorite part of game day. We have a team breakfast at the church next to our school. Eggs, bacon and biscuits and gravy. As a lineman, I love it. But it's also a chance for everyone to sit down and talk about what we're going to do to get ready."

That "church next to our school" is, of course, Lakeside. How cool is that?

2 comments:

Matt said...

Randy,

I don't know how to quantify how cool it is, but it is sure cool. Love what you're doing there. Good stuff.

Kayla said...

YEAH!!!