Friday, September 5, 2008

Coffee Slingers


A couple of weeks ago I asked you to tell me about locally owned coffee shops here is OKC. My daughter told me about Coffee Slingers located at 10th & Broadway so I went and tried it out. The feel of the place is kind of like a warehouse because there is no carpet, with lots of glass and steel. The floorspace is roomy and the tables have a good amount of space between them. That is good if you are having a meeting over coffee and don't want to be cramped or distracted by other conversations, but it is not so good if you go to coffee shops to strike up conversations with people you have never met.


I cappucino I had was excellent. It was real cappucino served in a real cup with the milk art heart setting it off. The guy who took my order and made the coffee was friendly. All in all, it was worth the trip. If you are a lover of espresso based coffee drinks, you should give it a try. I think you'll like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a big fan of coffeeslingers. Trying to have a conversation with more than two people is hard. The acoustics are horrible. It just feels a bit cold there. However, the folks that work there are awesome!

Unknown said...

Have you tried Vintage Timeless Coffee? It is Christain owned shop located on 150th and Western.