Thursday, February 7, 2008

Our Next President

In this election season you hear a lot of stuff. I don't like pulpit politics, because I have met many people who are passionately following Christ who fall both to the right and the left of me on the liberal/conservative continuum. Pastor Darren said it quite well a few weeks ago when he said that God is neither Republican nor Democrat; He is neither liberal nor conservative because He is God. I am going to state now, before we know who the nominees are, and long before we know who the next president will be that I will not speak derisively about my president because Romans 13:1 tells me that there is no authority except that which God has established. If God has established the authority, I have no business taking potshots at it. Will you commit with me to support and pray for President Bush for the remainder of his term and then to continue in prayer and support for whoever is elected president this November?

No comments: