Thursday, July 21, 2011

Perception- the sequel

Many of you have talked to me about the last post about my adventure at the bank. Thanks for offering to help sort and roll coins, and most of all for the many humorous comments you have made. I thought I'd share how the story ends:

I took the infamous coin jug to Highpointe church because I knew they have a machine which will sort and count coins. My friends there even visited with me while the coins were sorting. I carried them away in their separate containers and headed to the bank where our church has its account. I carried in the smaller containers and waited for an available teller. The young lady didn't seem the least bit bothered that I had a large amount of coins to deposit and she was very helpful and cheerful despite a number of machine malfunctions while the process unfolded.

As a parenthetical aside, while I was watching the coins being counted, one of the ladies from Missy's Bakery came into the bank with a pan of baked goods for someone in the bank. I asked her if I could get added to her route for routine delivery of fresh baked items, but I wasn't given any hope that that would ever happen.

When my teller was finished with the counting and the rolling of the coins, she asked another bank employee to verify her count. As the other lady was verifying, she suddenly looked up and me and said, "Oh, you're the jug guy from yesterday!"

Yeah, that's me. The jug guy from yesterday.

Have a great day!!!

No comments: