Friday, July 1, 2011

A Lot Has Happened!

In preparing for the dedication of the EdZone this weekend I got to thinking about those who have helped bring us to this place. I thought of those who originally looked at a metal warehouse and saw a beautiful church. I thought of those who gave of their finances, time and talents to lay out the floorplan and began to do the work. I thought of those who framed walls, ran electrical, built platforms, strung cables, hung lights and projectors, layed tile, painted, hung ceilings and decorated. It was a grand undertaking. I know that I do not know everyone who was involved in the early labor but I owe a debt of gratitude to all who gave of themselves so completely to build the attractive and current house of worship we enjoy.

While difficulties slowed the project, they did not kill the dream. The dream is alive and well and gaining momentum week by week. This week's dedication will be a further step in fulfilling the vision that placed us where we are today.

I have sensed since my arrival a few months ago that my first mandate was to complete the original vision before I led us in any new directions. The EdZone is the most visible of the remaining work. Now only a couple of air conditioners and some roof repair stand between us and the completion of the original plan.

God has been faithful through the exciting early days of the project, through the difficulty of the crisis period, and in the quiet healing period we are experiencing today. He has never left us and He never will. He still has great things in store for us, and as we keep our hearts turned to Him, He will reveal His plans for Living Water Church.

Be blessed and I'll see you Sunday!

No comments: