Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Epic Fail

Yesterday I checked the messages on call notes at the church. I have not formed a really good discipline for doing that. One of the messages was a nightmare. It was from someone, a guy, who was undoubtedly sitting in front of the church last Sunday night while we were at the citywide prayer and praise service at Community Church. He had come to visit our Sunday evening service but no one was there. He didn't give his name or a callback number but he was clearly frustrated that he had come to an empty place. It was a powerful reminder to me, once again, that we must always be aware of those outside of our regular attenders who may be drawn to give our church a try. It is not enough just to let "our people" know about changes in the norm. We have to be aware of those who are out of the loop, as well. I saw that message as an epic fail on my part. We can do better. And we will, God willing.

No comments: