Wednesday, December 29, 2010

How will it turn out?

I am working on the church calender for 2011. As I look through the months ahead, it seems to compress the year. Even though the year hasn't even started, I am mentally already at Easter. I have taken note that Cinco de Mayo will be on May 5th this year and that Independence Day will be on July 4th. I think Thanksgiving will be on a Thursday. (I have a firm grasp of the obvious.) I am already counting the weeks until we reintroduce the completely revamped Sunday School department (only 36). It is energizing to look at the year ahead and plan. It is exciting to think of how many different ways that the living and active God we serve can completely obliterate those plans when He chooses to do so. Which week will be the one when I get to announce the sale of the south campus building? What other exciting announcements will there be? That's for God to know and for us to find out!

No comments: