Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's not that far

OK, friends who live in Oklahoma City. Time for a geography lesson. I'm not pastoring in North Dakota. I'm pastoring in Guthrie. Guthrie is the next town north of Edmond. No one says that Edmond is "so far away", but I commonly hear that excuse when I ask when you are gonna come visit me some Sunday morning. Let me attempt to dispel some myths about visiting Guthrie:

It does not require an overnight stay to visit Guthrie. From north OKC it takes 35-40 minutes to reach Living Water Church.

We speak the same Oklahoma English that you do.

We have electricity and flush toilets.

There are good places to eat after church.

You can actually take your cup of coffee into the sanctuary during service.

Our morning worship experience begins at 10am and ends around 11:15.

The preaching is getting better.

It wouldn't hurt you to visit us some time. Seriously.

No comments: