Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Pretty Good Year

All in all this has been a pretty good year, so far. And it's only the end of the third quarter. Early in the year I was telling the guys at Highpointe that there were two guys I would like to hang with. Having read their books, subscribed to their blogs and listened to their podcasts, I wanted to hang with Mark Batterson (pastor of National Community Church in Washington DC) and Earl Creps (academic turned church planter in Berkeley, California). Back in June, my Inca Trail adventure was scheduled because Mark Batterson was to be the trail mentor. Got to hang with him on the trail and I wasn't disappointed. Earlier this week I was in Branson for the District Ministry Retreat where the guest speaker was Earl Creps. I hadn't ever attended the DMR and probably wouldn't have this time if Earl hadn't been the speaker. I didn't technically get to "hang" with him and his wife, Janet, but I did get to have a couple of conversations with them along with three really enjoyable sessions that they presented. They are really good people and I enjoyed being around them.

In addition, I got to hear both of my favorite preachers and good friends preach at Highpointe. Gary Davidson and Jim King both came and both did reallly good jobs, as they always do. I turned my position as administrator and facilities director over to Matt Stomprud, who is proving daily what I said all along; that he would do much better in that role than I ever did.

Now, I'm having conversations that may ultimately lead me to what God has been preparing me for over the past several years. Like I said. It's been a pretty good year, so far. And there are still three months left in it.

No comments: