Friday, September 17, 2010

A Partial Answer

A little over two weeks ago I underwent surgery to repair an umbilical hernia. The only misgivings I had about having the surgery was that I would have to give up golf for a while. I had originally scheduled it during the really hot weather we had back in July, but due to some insurance issues I had to delay it until the beginning of the best time of the year to play golf. But, life goes on. I had the surgery, and the recovery has been pretty easy. Two weeks out I am nearly back to one hundred percent. About a week ago, Carole and I resumed walking in the evenings. One of our favorite places to walk is at the Lake Hefner Trails, and the section we walk most frequently takes us through part of Lake Hefner South golf course. All of the trail is out of the bounds of the course, but it is not unusual to find a stray golf ball here and there.
My favorite golf ball to play is the Titleist Pro-V1, but I won't buy them. They're $48 dollars a dozen. That's roughly $4 per ball, so I've never bought any. But when I find one in the woods while looking for my errant shot, I play it. I generally will have a couple of them in my bag, because apparently guys who can plunk down $48 for a dozen golf balls, don't have time to look for them if they land in an inconvenient place.

Carole and I have walked out at the lake 3 times in the last 5 days, and on those walks I have found 4 golf balls; all of them Pro-V1's. That's $16 worth of golf balls. I have been praying a lot in the last few months about what God has in store for my future. I feel that I have received two clear parts of the puzzle- It looks like I am supposed to continue walking with Carole, and that I am supposed to continue playing golf. I can go with that. Until I get the big picture cleared up, I will go with what I know.

No comments: