Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Good Report

This morning I attended a quarterly meeting of the board of directors for Teen Challenge of Oklahoma. I am always blessed and encouraged by spending time with our program directors but today was particularly encouraging. I have always been blessed to see our directors give testimonies of how God is changing lives through the ministry of Teen Challenge and how they feel privileged to do work that I am particularly unsuited for. Today I was struck by the joy and optimism they displayed and I reflected back on the previous few years. We came through a difficult time of loss and transition. We had a period of financial lack. A year ago we were facing difficult and potentially discouraging decisions. But a year later, the finances are coming back. Our directors seem to be energized in ways I haven't seen in a while. There is an expectation of greater things. I love God's faithfulness. He never leaves us or forsakes us. Our struggles are far from over, but we are convinced that He who began a good work in us will be faithful to complete it until the day of Christ's return.

1 comment:

braveheart54 said...

Please tell Wayne hi from Warren H. - the great report is encouraging to all! Thanks.