Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I love the discussion!

In some of my recent posts there has been some discussion in the comments page by Chris Green DMin. Some of you have wondered who he is. He is one of the founding elders of the church that both of my kids and their families attend and a good friend of mine. He is really, really smart about theological issues (as evidenced by his doctorate in Ministry) and I enjoy talking with him about Biblical topics. Sometimes we will meet for coffee just so I can discuss topics that I am thinking about. Because I know that he has spent years in study, I always feel the need to think through my topics for discussion before I spout off. This forces me to really understand my position on issues and not just rely on the standard "company line" answers.

I hope that you do not feel intimidated to comment during one of our comments section discussions. Please feel free to join the conversation, even if you disagree with something that is said. Also do not feel that comments have to be deeply theological to be pertinent. Just jump in. This is discussion, not debate. There are no winners and losers. If you are challenged to think in a fresh way, we are all winners.

No comments: