Thursday, November 11, 2010

Our Everyday God

This Sunday I begin a series from the book of Ruth I am calling "Our Everyday God". The book of Ruth, just four chapters long, is a wonderful story of loyalty, trust, innocence, purity, and love. There are no larger than life characters in the story. There are no national crisis moments. It just tells the story of a normal lady, Naomi, who goes through a tough time in her family life. There are no amazing miracles, but you can see God's faithfulness throughout. I am looking forward to unpacking this really interesting story over the next few weeks on Sunday mornings.

Also, be sure to come to the Fall Feast this Sunday night. We will enjoy a time of good food and fellowship, and, as promised, I will display a hidden talent as I sing what is in my estimation, the greatest country song ever written. You'll have to come to see which one it is. Be here at 6pm Sunday night. We'll have a great time!

No comments: