Friday, October 24, 2008

Time Changes Everything




If you stay with something long enough, it will eventually become cool. As a boy, just about all I listened to was Hank Williams and Johnny Cash. I was thought of as being incredibly dorky because I didn't listen to the Monkees. Most of my friends thought johnny cash was money you put in a pay toilet.
Roll the tape forward about 40 years. Both Hank Williams and Johnny Cash are revered as rebels and groundbreakers in the music industry. Now all of my Johnny and Hank albums are considered collector's items. Now being able to recite the words to "I'm so lonesome I could cry" and "Folsom Prison blues" is a sign that I am "with it" instead of being hopelessly lame.

I even get to sing "Ring of Fire" at the 50's dinner tonight, and people think I'm awesome.

Maybe, some day, my knowledge of "Leave it to Beaver" will help me bring world peace.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Would love to hear that song...

Kayla said...

Hey, you should check out the 50's dinner photos on my blog and/or facebook. feel free to steal them.